WEBSITE - TERMS & CONDITIONS
These Website Standard Terms and Conditions written on this webpage shall manage your use of this website. These Terms will be applied fully and affect to your use of this Website. By using this Website, you agreed to accept all terms and conditions written in here. You must not use this Website if you disagree with any of these Website Standard Terms and Conditions.
- Intellectual Property Rights
Other than the content you own, under these Terms, Veil Bridal Couture and/or its licensors own all the intellectual property rights and materials contained in this Website.
You are granted limited license only for purposes of viewing the material contained on this Website.
You are specifically restricted from all of the following
- publishing any Website material in any other media;
- selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Website material;
- publicly performing and/or showing any Website material;
- using this Website in any way that is or may be damaging to this Website;
- using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
- using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in any way may cause harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity;
- engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website;
- using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing.
Certain areas of this Website are restricted from being access by you and Veil Bridal Couture may further restrict access by you to any areas of this Website, at any time, in absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have for this Website are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality as well.
- Your Content
In these Website Standard Terms and Conditions, “Your Content” shall mean any audio, video text, images or other material you choose to display on this Website. By displaying Your Content, you grant Veil Bridal Couture a non-exclusive, worldwide irrevocable, sub licensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute it in any and all media.
Your Content must be your own and must not be invading any third-party’s rights. Veil Bridal Couture reserves the right to remove any of Your Content from this Website at any time without notice.
- No warranties
This Website is provided “as is,” with all faults, and Veil Bridal Couture express no representations or warranties, of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website. Also, nothing contained on this Website shall be interpreted as advising you.
- Limitation of liability
In no event shall Veil Bridal Couture, nor any of its officers, directors and employees, shall be held liable for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website whether such liability is under contract. Veil Bridal Couture, including its officers, directors and employees shall not be held liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent Veil Bridal Couture from and against any and/or all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses arising in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under any applicable law, such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
- Variation of Terms
Veil Bridal Couture is permitted to revise these Terms at any time as it sees fit, and by using this Website you are expected to review these Terms on a regular basis.
The Veil Bridal Couture is allowed to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification. However, you are not allowed to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
- Entire Agreement
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Veil Bridal Couture and you in relation to your use of this Website, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings.
- Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Gauteng, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Gauteng for the resolution of any disputes.
- This Agreement
- This Agreement shall become valid on signature hereof by both parties (the Client and Veil Bridal Couture) and shall be a legal and binding document.
- Headings to clauses are for reference purposes only and shall not be used in the interpretation hereof.
- Payment and Order
- No order will be placed unless a bridal order form has been signed by the Client and returned to Veil Bridal Couture within the specified time, these terms and conditions are accepted by the Client and a deposit equal to 60% (sixty percent) of the total Purchase Price has been paid by the Client within the specified time.
- The remainder of the Purchase Price shall be payable in full within 1 (one) weeks’ notice of the bridal gown/dress/other items’ (hereinafter referred to as “the Goods”) arrival in South Africa, to clear through customs, whether inspection or no inspection of the Goods has taken place by the Client. The Goods will only be released on cleared funds (proof of purchase alone will not be accepted) and/or payment with a debit card, credit card or cash.
- All amounts payable shall be payable in full in cash, electronic funds transfer or by card. No cheques will be accepted. Veil Bridal Couture does not accept Diners Club or American express Cards.
- The Client must quote his/her name & surname when doing a payment by way of electronic funds transfer.
- The Purchase Price reflected on the bridal order and quote forms are inclusive of 15% (fifteen percent) Value Added Tax.
- The Purchase Price as stipulated in the signed bridal order form will be fixed and not subject to any rate fluctuations.
- Once an order has been placed, the Client does not hold Veil Bridal Couture responsible for the chosen Goods and its sizes ordered/decided on.
- Veil Bridal Couture will only be held responsible should the Goods be delivered in the wrong colour/size/style other than ordered and agreed to with the Client here in.
- All gowns/dresses are manufactured with a standard retail length of 1.8 metres and will be altered upon arrival in South Africa, along with any other basic alterations if needed.
- Should the Client’s height exceed 1.8 metres, an extra length will be charged for accordingly.
- Dresses are cut to size, not to specific measurements. The sizes used to order are according to a general European size chart and may require further alterations to obtain the perfect fit as all bodies are shaped differently.
- Order time for Goods is 5 - 6 months unless otherwise agreed upon by management for an "EXPRESS ORDER" whereby a surcharge will apply.
- Expected delivery dates supplied for orders are an estimate only. As the merchandise is ordered from an international supplier Veil Bridal Couture cannot guarantee exact day delivery.
- All Goods remain the property of Veil Bridal Couture until the Purchase Price has been paid in full.
- All sample purchases from display stock are to be paid for in full and are sold “VOETSTOOTS” excluding alterations.
- In the event that payment is not received within the specified timeframe the necessary interest charges that may be levied in terms of law will be charged accordingly and added to the outstanding balance of the Purchase Price.
- All Goods are to be paid for in full prior to collection thereof.
- Prices on the website may differ from actual prices in-store.
- Quotes are valid for 7 (seven) days from date of issue.
- All alterations or fitting work are excluded from the Purchase Price and will be quoted on work to be done. Estimations can be obtained through Veil Bridal Couture’s alterations team. For the Client’s convenience these will be conducted at Veil Bridal Couture’s premises in Sandton from Monday to Friday during business hours.
- Alteration requirements will be charged separately and must be paid for in full prior to the Goods being altered.
- Advice taken from one of Veil Bridal Couture’s consultants is taken at the Client’s own risk and discretion, and neither Veil Bridal Couture nor the consultant can be held responsible for any decisions made about the alteration of any of the Goods which are deemed unsatisfactory after any alterations are completed, if the Client requested the alteration.
- Veil Bridal Couture reserves the right to cancel this Agreement with 5 (five) days’ notice to the Client in the event that the Client is in breach of a term of this Agreement. The provisions below relating to the cancellation fee and administrative fee / handling fee will be applicable.
- Cancellation of any order by the Client or if the Client fails or refuses to pay the remainder of the Purchase Price shall attract a reasonable cancellation fee and an administrative fee / handling fee and due to the nature of the services, such fee may equal or exceed the 60% (sixty percent) deposit amount.
- The client agrees that the deposit amount taken is fair and reasonable and proportionate to the loss that Veil Bridal Couture is likely to suffer in the event that the order is cancelled by the Client or if the Client fails or refuses to pay the remainder of the Purchase Price.
- The Client understands and agrees that the Goods ordered is the Client’s size and was ordered on the Client’s request and that if the Client cancels the order that Veil Bridal Couture will suffer damages because of the cancellation.
- Photographs and Videos
- By signing these terms and conditions, the Client specifically agrees that all photographs/videos taken of the Client by Veil Bridal Couture may be utilized:
- in publications or other media material produced by Veil Bridal Couture;
- to establish a portfolio of current clients and their progress; and
- to display all custom conversions that can be recreated by the designer.
- To ensure the privacy of individuals, images will not be identified using full names or personal identifying information without written approval from the photographed subject.
- This Agreement constitutes the whole of the agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof, notwithstanding any acceptance, order or other documentation or discussion to the contrary.
- No amendment or consensual cancellation of this Agreement or any term of this Agreement, including this clause, or of any agreement, bill of exchange or other document issued or executed pursuant to or in terms of this Agreement, shall be binding unless recorded in a written document signed by a duly authorised representative from both parties;
- No agreement changing, adding to, deleting from or cancelling this Agreement, and no waiver (whether specifically, by implication or by conduct) of any right to enforce any term of this Agreement, including this clause, shall be effective unless it is in writing and signed by or on behalf of each of the parties. Parties will not be able to change these terms verbally.
- No lenience shown/granted by a party shall constitute a waiver of any of that party’s rights under this Agreement.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement concluded between the parties and no variation, consensual cancellation, variation of, or addition hereto, including this clause, shall be of any force or effect unless reduced to writing and signed by the duly authorised representatives of both parties.
- If there is a conflict or inconsistency between the provisions of this Agreement and any applicable legislation, the provisions of the applicable legislation shall prevail and in this event, shall in no way affect the remaining terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- The Client chooses his/her domicilium address for the delivery of any legal notices as completed below.
- In the event that Veil Bridal Couture brings any action to enforce or protect any of its rights under this Agreement, it shall be entitled to recover, in addition to its damages, its attorneys’ fees on a scale as between attorney and own client, as well as any other costs incurred in connection with such action.
- The Client hereby provides his/her consent to the processing of his/her personal information by Veil Bridal Couture in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013, insofar as the Act applies. Veil Bridal Couture hereby agrees to collect and process personal information for purposes consistent with providing the services and to ensure the lawfulness of such processing in accordance with the applicable law.